View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #66
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
The bold is why I'm on Arian's side.
There have been so many fundamental "wrongs" with this amateur system for the longest time.

At the lowest level, for example - even though the practice doesn't seem to be as widespread as it used to be; football and basketball players were given passing grades, unless they were simply so bad.

This doesn't help them in college. Many of them don't have the educational fundamentals to learn much of anything at the next level.
Tutoring isn't going to help.

Some call that an amateur system; I call it a broken system.
The whole system has been financed my money-making machines from the professional level down; Too many propagandas that help propagate a culture of apathy among us all. Some get caught in the possibility of glory such that they may not think long and hard enough about the long-term effect.

It's a clear exploitation of the amateurs for profit without regards for their well-beings.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote