View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #61
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Time doesn't stand still, Hou-Tex.
And different programs have different requirements.
My two nieces, for example, swim competitively since they were eight, and they have had very little social time. They swim or practice 4-5 hours a day, seven days a week. Without their mom's full-time dedication, they can go hungry at times.
The older one just got a 75% scholarship to a small college in NY.
Offers from other programs were less.

Like Obsi said, everybody's situation is unique.

And these guys also have to perform both on the field and in the class room to maintain their scholarships, unless there are major unethical conducts by the schools.

I don't know whether Foster is not smart about this or not.
Sometimes, the system needs a major shake-up to make the necessary changes.
It happens all the time in real life.
The bold is why I'm on Arian's side.