View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #46
cdollaz
All Pro

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Tutors I'll give you but I remember paying taxes on books and other school supplies. We'd be naive to think that some part of the cost of housing and campus food wasn't due to state taxes. Just cause you don't directly see them doesn't mean they aren't there.
Income tax, not sales tax.

If you do work for me, and I compensate you by paying your rent, the amount of your rent that I paid is taxable income to you. So, they are receiving lodging, food, books, etc. and are not having to report it as taxable income.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote