View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
As I said above, I was just going off the guy's quote. I have no idea how his or any scholarship worked. Either way, I honestly don't have a problem with him or any athlete taking money. It's a position on which my stance has evolved, because college football is a business, plain and simple. In no other business are you told you're going to be paid with something that you may not want (in fact, this is the genesis of currency in civilization). You render a service and you get paid in money that can be converted to whatever other good or service you desire. Otherwise, you'd only do work for people who can pay you precisely the good you are looking for. This week, I'll go work for Farmer Brown so I can get some eggs!

The entire NCAA system is complete BS. Separate the football from education and pay the kids. Then they might be able to afford your overpriced education on their own. And that's another thing - hundreds of thousands of dollars for an education?!?! That too is BS.

I am going to go drink some chai tea and meditate now.
I have no problem with paying college athletes.

Just make them pay their own way through school if they are going to do it.