View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Football Outsiders QB Rankings: Schaub #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This has always been my problem with the "Come From Behind" or the "Game Winning Drive" sort of stat. Elway himself has said that he wouldn't have had to win so many games in the 4th quarter if he'd played better in the first three. You really don't get to be a great come-from-behind QB unless you're not playing well enough to be in front from the beginning.
The sign of a true leader. He's probably not the guy who fumbled the ball to the other team, or the receiver who tipped the ball to a DB, or the OLman who missed a block....

Then again, maybe he was. But in this statement, he's taking the blame for the entire team, while accepting the credit for the 4th quarter comeback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
My heart really prefers us to jump on someone at the beginning and keep on piling points on and expanding our lead until the end. That's just who I am.
Don't we all. Even Schaub. I know it looks like he didn't really want to throw that TD & would have much rather Bullock come out for a 21 yard chip-shot, to keep it close. Or that he prefers not to convert on third down so he can watch the living legend that is Shane Lechler... but he & Tate, & OD, & Andre... even Kubiak would like to score on every possession.