View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013   #42
gcates
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 gcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who does Nuk remind you of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not the one comparing him to the better receivers of our time.

Maybe I shouldn't have said he looked like an average #2, he may very well turn into something special, I don't know.

He's got great hands & body control similar to some of the great ones..... but we're not going to design an offense of jump balls. I don't think anyway.

He's going to have to get open quickly on a more consistent basis.
For the record, when I brought the name Torry Holt into the discussion, all I said was watching Hopkins play brings Torry to mind. I never said he will have that kind of career...Torry is one of the best to ever play the position. Hopkins just reminds me a bit of Torry in the way that he plucks the ball out of the air. It's only been two games, and that's a pretty small sample size.

I will say that he looks like a very competent NFL caliber receiver and I have no concerns regarding his ability to consistently produce for our offense...which is more than I could say about any other WR we've ever had not named Andre Johnson.
gcates is offline   Reply With Quote