View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders QB Rankings: Schaub #21

At this point, I don't give a lot of weight to the Football Outsider ranking or statistics. As the season goes on, I think the get better. IIRC, I read on there that at this point 75% of some their calculations are based off of PRESEASON performances (probably using some sort of weighted averages that require past performances.)

But there's also a bit of what they do that's a judgment call. Someone has to sit down with each play and say, "Oh, yeah. An average player would have gotten X yards on that play."

So... while I like their stuff and I think it's interesting, the bottom line is wins. At this point, we're winning and I'm loving that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote