View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #20
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To UT fans only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I hope Texas loses as many games as they have to in order to get rid of Mack Brown. Get him as far away from Texas as they can.
This is what I love about my Longhorn brethren. About 80% of the time since that Sooner retired from coaching them, they have been rooting for the team to lose to hasten the exit of the current coach.

They despised Fred Akers from the day he showed up because they wanted David McWilliams. They finally got rid of Akers and his 73% wins and got McWilliams. That worked great. Then Mackovic. I think the purveyors of expensive wines liked having him in Austin, the football fans - not so much. Now Brown - the Longhorns coach who started this season with the highest winning percentage of any Longhorn coach ever who was there for more than 40 games (OK he will probably drop below Royal in a week or two).

What is David McWilliams up to? Maybe he would come back. As much as Aggie and Sooner fans (well now pretty much just Sooner fans since the Aggies have moved up a couple of levels in competition) enjoy seeing the Horns win just enough to keep the old coach, it is nice to know that odds are the replacement will be worse. (Actually I think your ideas on Schiano are spot on and that a coach who can put a hard edge on the players is exactly what the Longhorns need. So almost certainly they won't go that way).