View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To UT fans only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I don't think your statement is true that Mack can't recruit. Up until this past recruiting season Texas has been ranked in the top 5 or 10 almost every year since Brown has been there. And this coming years class (2014) is back there again at #8, as of now, by Rivals. Recruiting has never been the issue with Brown. The issue, I think, is found in his coaching, or more specifically, in his teams discipline. Since he does recruit that well, year in and year out, they should be winning a lot more. They were able to win a NC with VY and the other top talent they had a number of years ago, but they just haven't been the same since. Not sure how much the the OC and DC play in this, but a lack of discipline, I think, is at the core of their problems.

On the other hand, look at Sabin at Alabama, he also has top 5 or 10 recruiting classes every year, and every year they are in the title hunt with 3 NC's in the last 4 years. I don't think anyone will question Sabin's discipline of the team. You know he runs a "tight ship."
I could ****ing recruit top ranked classes if I was the head coach at the University of Texas. It's not rocket science why his classes are so good and yet for some reason the team has stunk the last few years.