View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #13
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kaepernick or Wilson were a Texan would they be the starting QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
That has nothing to do with the main question of the thread. The "what if" scenario of when and where they would have been drafted isn't what is being talked about or should be. If either was on this team would they start? I don't care how they got on it.
In my mind, it has everything to do with the question. The Forty-Niners drafted Kaepernick because Harbaugh and Trent Baalke felt they needed a QB. The Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson because John Schneider - and probably Pete Carrol - felt they needed a QB. They didn't just land on a roster where everyone was happy with the QB they had, and while I will say, giving a third round rookie a starting QB job took some nerve, he was competing with a guy who entered the competition with a grand total of two NFL starts to his name (and FWIW, still has two NFL starts to his name, and just got passed over again in a similar set of circumstances). Maybe we should be talking about what a visionary, gutsy organization the Raiders are.

By definition, two guys as highly regarded as Kaepernick and Wilson were coming out of college are only going to end up on a roster if whoever is making the decision on that roster genuinely believe they need a QB.

I guess it's just as valid to ask if the Niners and Seahawks would have drafted Kaepernick and Wilson if they already had a QB they felt was adequate?