View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To UT fans only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Sorry, if this came off like I was trying to shout at you. Not my intention.

I think it is self explanatory that you need good coordinators in any league whether it be the NCAA or the pros. That goes without saying. However, if all your coach is, is some CEO type of guy that has a very poor grip on the team which has always been the case with Mack, then that is not a good system. Mack has always had problems motivating his players and has been horrible at game planning. That is still "his job." He shouldn't have to have top 3 coordinators on either side of the ball for the team not to be a complete embarrassment for several seasons much less one with the talent Texas always has.

Here is also another idea I have right now. Schiano in Tampa has his players going nuts. The wheels are falling off very quickly over there like they did when Saban went to Miami. How would you feel about Schiano at Texas? He had a great run with Rutgers and it landed him a HC job at Tampa, but I think he is having the same issues Saban did with trying to control his players to much and the NFL guys just don't respond to that very well. He is an interesting guy on my radar right now.
No worries mate. I think I just may have gotten over the total loss of the up coming season a bit faster is all haha. You are right, the writing was on the wall. My point on the matter is more so that just because its not the ideal system, doesn't mean it didn't work for all intensive purposes. It just ran its course and for too long as the game continued to pass Mack by. Amplified by the weaknesses in the system you mentioned. I don't have anything against Mack. He really is a genuine guy and cares about the kids and works his ass off. My anger and disappointment is more towards Dodds. He is the root of everything, and has completely rotted to the core.

Schiano is definitely someone to put on the radar for the reasons you stated. But I honestly don't know enough about his resume so I would be speculating and will def need to check it out. I know he has the backbone you are talking about that's for sure!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote