View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kaepernick or Wilson were a Texan would they be the starting QB?

I don't think either one of them would have pushed Schaub out of the Starter's job when they were rookies and possibly, not even second year players.

But if we had drafted Kaepernick, I think he would have been the starter this year. Those sorts of QBs with that sort of athletic potential in this sort of offense would be... simply... unstoppable.

The only problem they would have in unseating Schaub is their ability to read the defense and their ability to know the playbook. Schaub's experience and his knowledge would give him an advantage but eventually... and I'm thinking "eventually would be their 3rd year... they would know enough of the offense so that their athletic abilities would tip the scales in their favor.

If they didn't pick up the offense, though, they would never start regardless of athletic potential.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote