View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who does Nuk remind you of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansRule1 View Post
Is Nuk one of a kind? His ball skills remind of Randy Moss or Lynn Swann, but without the same high end speed. Maybe, an AJ Green.

Thoughts?
I don't remember Lynn Swann being all that fast... He was just a leaper with great body control, so that's not a horrible comparison.

Quote:
It's not just the little-known players, either.

Lynn Swann and John Stallworth became Steelers because of the diligence of scouts to get decent 40 times in 1974. Neither was considered fast for a wide receiver, but today their 4.6 times might put them in the middle of the draft or maybe not at all.

Coach Chuck Noll liked everything about Swann except the 4.7 times.

"Coach Noll was right," said Art Rooney Jr., then the Steelers' player personnel director. "He said the guy can't run. He really liked him and he said, 'Get a good time.' "

So Rooney arranged to time Swann on the West Coast. Swann ran a 4.55. That was good enough for Noll.

Stallworth, too, did not run particularly fast when timed on the grass field at Alabama A&M. Scout Bill Nunn took his stopwatch and went back down to time him in a different spot.

"I took him to another field near the school," Nunn said. "I got him in 4.58, 4.6, 4.62."

Nunn convinced Noll that Stallworth would last until the fourth round because other scouts had times above 4.7 on him.
http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20010420nfldraft2.asp
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote