View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To UT fans only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
lol. Again, not sure what we are even debating about. The only way the system works is if you make the right hires under you. I said that from day 1 and knew what was on the line with the Harsin and Diaz hires. Neither here today. And big time playmaking QBs tend to have an affect at high profile schools don't ya think? Ala Johnny Football.

Which is why I would love for Briles to be a top candidate because I cant name 1 coach who has a better run right now at QBs than him. He is an offensive machine, especially at developing QBs.
Sorry, if this came off like I was trying to shout at you. Not my intention.

I think it is self explanatory that you need good coordinators in any league whether it be the NCAA or the pros. That goes without saying. However, if all your coach is, is some CEO type of guy that has a very poor grip on the team which has always been the case with Mack, then that is not a good system. Mack has always had problems motivating his players and has been horrible at game planning. That is still "his job." He shouldn't have to have top 3 coordinators on either side of the ball for the team not to be a complete embarrassment for several seasons much less one with the talent Texas always has.

Here is also another idea I have right now. Schiano in Tampa has his players going nuts. The wheels are falling off very quickly over there like they did when Saban went to Miami. How would you feel about Schiano at Texas? He had a great run with Rutgers and it landed him a HC job at Tampa, but I think he is having the same issues Saban did with trying to control his players to much and the NFL guys just don't respond to that very well. He is an interesting guy on my radar right now.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote