View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To UT fans only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well therein lies a huge problem right there. Who in the hell wants a coach who sucks if his coordinators aren't great? The coach is supposed to be able to coach and if your coordinators are really good, they eventually LEAVE. Then what do you have? You're right back to having that soft grandpa of a coach that is looking for coordinators again. And Mack had one of the worst OC's in college football for the longest time in Greg Davis. The AD department and anyone involved with UT had been wanting Greg Davis out for years. Mack refused and put his loyalty to GD before the program and the players Mack even threatened to walk when they tried to force his hand before VY arrived. UT tried to force GD out a long time ago. Mack is a stubborn old man and always has been. His loyalty to certain players like Gideon, Derry, Simms, Mock, and so many others over the years hurt the team in a lot of situations. There were so many games that the Longhorns barely won despite their coaching where they had to make up for Mack's blunders. And don't even get me started on how badly Bob Stoops has owned Mack for years.

It's a reason why Boomer has wanted Mack to stick around all these years. When your main rival campaigns for your coach to stay for over ten years and your fans can't figure out why, then you have a problem.
Not sure we are disagreeing on anything really just a bit over the top for me. The formula actually did work. Because you can say what you want, but the run Texas had happened whether you think it felt wrong or it was masked, or not enough conference championships, or whatever. It happened, those results and BCS wins, NC win and appearances happened. There is only 1 Saban.

Like I said, this is all really irrelevant to me now anyway. Mack is gone. Dodds is gone. Its a new day, and my focus is on the next coach. Yes, an actual REAL ball coach lol who can lock down one side of the ball for the most part with his skills.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote