View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #7
Fico
Rookie

Rep Power: 1386 Fico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Sideline View Film/Video Room

Speaking from a position of ignorance on what our OL is coached to do, but from a position of general knowledge I think the following:

I think with the movement pre-snap Myers should have checked and slid the protection to the strong side. The NT crosses face to engage Myer in order to establish the two-on-one against Brooks.

I think Myers should have passed the NT on to Wade who should have engaged the NT when he sees the pre-snap movement leaving him uncovered. This gives 1 on 1 across the board.

I only say this because the movement was clear pre-snap. If they executed this blitz post snap then I say we play it how we did on film as the additional steps needed from keeping it disguised would have provided plenty of time for Matt to get rid of the ball.
Fico is offline   Reply With Quote