View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To UT fans only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Manny Diaz.. WTF!

I was there for only a semester until Sept. 11th

After that I always trusted my cousin (who was a resident and huge UT fan) to keep me updated on what the hell was going on. He told me y'all fired this fool after last year... well, what the hell happened? He lied to me after I saw him on TV tonight!

Why does Manny Diaz even have a job and how the hell can he even walk out in public? Mac Brown should've fired him last season and the fact that he didn't.. both are now gone and I will be thankful for it.
Funny seeing you present this thread, because you were one of the biggest people to get completely fooled as a fan by Mack Brown. A part of me thinks that you Mack Brown advocates who didn't realize that VY saved his job sort of deserve this with all of that blind misplaced support you guys gave him over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
LOL and what is wrong with Mack Brown?

Name the amount of coaches in college football who have won more games than Mack Brown during his time at Texas....that guy is anything but a liability. Mack Brown can remain the head coach as long as he wants to.

Also, when did Will Muschamp become irreplaceable? His defense was nothing special this season, he basically only had one good year at Texas. I'm actually more excited about Randy Shannon who is just as good of a recruiter as Will Muschamp is.
Here was my response to that at the time and I warned you the minute that Muschamp was gone that the Horns were going to crumble even though it had already started. All you wanted to do was brag on those fake 10 win seasons when Mack was winning against horrible BIG 12 teams and needed VY to beast his team into an NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Come on CB. You're a guy that I would expect not to be fooled by a guy like Mack Brown. One of the dumbest game day coaches I've ever witnessed in my history of watching football. Worse than Kubes actually. The guy is a great recruiter, but has been more loyal to GD and certain players than to his own team's success. I could go back years and years to provide examples. Mack was out of a job until VY saved it when he arrived and everyone knows that. Before VY got there, he was known as the most under achieving coach in the NCAA. The Sooner fans still love the guy. Mack's padded his record off of playing teams with waaaaay less talent than what he's got to work with. Texas has been way ahead of every team other than Oklahoma as far as talent goes and the Big 12 has't been anything to be afraid of other than that one season two years ago. Remember when Mack Brown was known as the guy who couldn't ever win the big one?? VY's heroics changed that persona. Mack is the typical HC that does less with more instead of more with less.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d+coach&page=3

You went on and on to defend Mack Brown's greatness in this thread and when we debated it then, I knew that I'd be brining this thread back up down the line. You were warned, but like tons of other UT fans, you guys didn't want to listen and supported the big under achiever in Mack.

Well now, you're seeing the results of when you give way to much trust to a guy who is soft as hell and needs guys like VY and Muschamp to to do get his team sparked up.

Hell, die hard Longhorn fans haven't forgotten that god damn Colorado game where Mack Brown ruined it for those guys and Applewhite especially. Mack Brown's typical stubbornness kept UT out of a NC before VY ever got there, because he wanted Chris Simms to be the face of the team knowing damn well his walk on QB was ten times better, and it cost the Longhorns a National Championship.

Those who ignore mistakes are doomed to repeat them, and many Longhorn fans are right now. I hope Texas loses as many games as they have to in order to get rid of Mack Brown. Get him as far away from Texas as they can.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote