View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013   #122
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans whistling past the graveyard at Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Kubiak is putting him out there because the offense stalled and its 4th down. The Texans need the points and Bullock is the kicker. Kubiak is not developing Bullock with games on the line. He is a kicker for crying out loud. That's all he does. The mental part is all on Bullock. Either he handles the pressure or chokes but he is not out there to develop with games on the line. Can he learn from it? Lets hope so but I guarantee you he is on a short leash after yesterday.
Not sure I can agree. With the game on the line, Kubiak called three very-low-percentage plays in a row and figured he was in Bullock's range. Those were calls designed to not have a chance at a turnover and included the high likelihood that the game would rest on the kicker.

Bullock was definitely in range, but of 3 "real" attempts, only the first on went through. One was a BAD shank, and the other hit the upright.

I like the guy, but I think the issue is upstairs. If I'm an opposing coach, it's worth every timeout I have to ice him at the moment.