View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We don't look as good as the Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Uh... no. The Broncos have been playing a bad first half and a good second half just like we have.

It's all about perception and the amount of points you score.

Against the Ravens, the Broncos were losing 17-14 at halftime. And then outscored them 35-10 in the second half.

Against the Giants, the Broncos were only up 10-9 at halftime. And then outscored the Giants 31-14 in the second half.

But take another look at who they faced. The Giants D has given up a LOT of points (77 pts in two games, thank you) and their offense has made a lot of turnovers (TEN ...in just two games; 7 Eli INTs and 3 fumbles) so far this year. The Ravens looked anemic against the Browns and their offense actually performed a lot better against Broncos.

The Broncos are going to be tough, don't get me wrong, but they're looking good right now because I think they're crushing crushable opponents. We did a good bit of that last year, ourselves. Hopefully, we can get back into that mode soon.
I had written up a long, explanatory diatribe but you've captured what I've seen too. Denver really hasn't had a tough game yet

We've played two young and hungry teams trying make a name for themselves. Chargers were playing their home opener for a new coach and the Titans were still high off the butt-whipping they gave the team formally known as the Steelers (I don't know who those guys are now)...

And how better to make a name for yourself and prove all the preseason talking heads they underestimated your team than to "take it to" one of the preseason Super Bowl faves... ...that would be Us.

The Foreheads, on the other hand, have played two over-rated teams who got their preseason rankings on past reputation. And many of the players responsible for attaining said rep are gone or injured.

Didja look at the Foreheads' schedule?? It's CAKE?! SD and KC might well give them more trouble than the Ravens and the Giants did. Beyond that, the Texans and N.E. are the toughest games they have left this season. AND by the time they play us, here at Reliant on Dec. 22nd, both teams may be playoff locks and may well be resting their starters.

I just don't see Denver being "all that".
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote