View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We don't look as good as the Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why not?

They lost their center. Dressen's recovering from knee surgery. Tamme isn't 100%. They have no RB. Von Miller has been suspended for 6 games. Dumervil is in Baltimore. Champ Bailey is old.

I'm pretty sure there are other things that I forgot.

We've got the OL that we want (stretched for Newton).... we're starting our front 7 defensively from last year. We got Cush back, Jjo is healthy, we've got an upgrade at WR2. OD is healthy, Andre is healthy, Tate is healthy....

So what's up?
Tell you what, let's revisit this question after we play the Ravens. They will be the only common opponent between us and the Denver Foreheads.

If you recall, the Foreheads looked pretty mundane for the first half of that game; in fact, the Ravens were up 17-14 at the half.

Then, in the second half, the Ravens morphed into the Jaguars. Post-season Flacco went back into regular-season Flacco; i.e., 3 & outs and INTs, blocked kicks and other S/T screw-ups, dropped TD passes... the Ravens' DBs forgot they were supposed to actually cover and tackle. In short, they pretty much gave that game to the Foreheads in the second half. Did I mention these same World Champ Ravens could only score two TDs on the Browns??
Are you really impressed with that win?

Then there's the NYG game. The Giants don't look like they can beat anybody. Eli's thrown, what, seven INTs in TWO games and the Giants' D has given up 77 pts in those same two games... Not very impressive either.

I WILL give Peyton this much, when he sees a weak sister, he has no hesitation in stomping them into the ground. ...even if he's got kinfolk on the other team.

But I want to see Peyton up against SF or Seattle... In fact, I think Tennessee will give them more fits than the Ravens did because they won't hesitate to smack Peyton and his receivers around.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote