View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: We don't look as good as the Broncos

Honestly, and I don't actually mean to say this negatively, but it's Schaub, IMO. The Texans have scored plenty of points through two games (61). The problem is coming out and putting up nothing for the 50 minutes between the scripted opening drive and the frantic come from behind drive. Manning doesn't tend to go into lulls like that. Every QB has games like that, of course, but we've seen this from a Schaub offense before. He'll move the ball up and down the field, but settle for short field punts or FGs. It's one reason I have spent years complaining about landing on 16 points with a TD and 3 FGs. The Texans do it all the time.

Schaub's good, but he's not good enough, IMO. If the defense is terrible, you get what we had a few years ago, with the team being down 28-7 at the half (or 21-7 against the Chargers this year). If the defense is playing well, then you get what we had this week, which is the team being down 10-7 at the half. Scoring 7 points in the first half is not good enough; I don't care how many they ultimately end up with. I'm happy for the wins, but that kind of play will come back to bite them. I'm sure they'd tell you the same thing and I'm sure they're working on it.

And before anyone jumps the shark, I'm not suggesting replacing Schaub or something stupid. He's what we have, and we'll roll with him.