View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013   #16
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We don't look as good as the Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hold on..... it's an honest question. No one said anything about quitting.

I remember three weeks ago we were giddy that we got through TC & the preseason relatively injury free. & we mentioned the Broncos as one of those teams that weren't so lucky.

If we had the issues they had, we know (or at least I know) we wouldn't have looked as good as they do. We would use those issues to excuse the play we've seen... but we don't have those issues, so we're making other excuses.

The popular opinion on the AFC is that it's "Denver & everybody else."

It's not "Denver, then Houston, then everybody else...... " & it should be. Why not? What are we missing?

As fans... as analysts of our team? What are we not seeing? What is it that we are failing to accept?
What are we missing? That`s easy:

1. Consistent good O-Line play. On way too many plays we give up early pressure or fail to open a real running lane inside.

2. Elite QB - I am not hating on Schaub, I think he is a very good QB and one that can win a superbowl. But he is far from elite. Manning, Brady or Rodgers make everyone around them better - Schaub just gets the job done (as good or better than most other QBs, but still far away from the elite ones).

3. A kicker - both games would`nt have been half as close if our kicker would`ve made his kicks.

4. Staying away from stupid mistakes - real bad passes, mental lapses in coverage, not hitting the right holes - we`ve done lots of mistakes this season...

An elite QB helps you overcome adversity - and don`t forget, Denver made it to the second round of the playoffs with Tebow as their QB, simply because the rest of the team is that good.

This doesn`t mean we can`t beat them or that we can`t get the #1 spot or win a superbowl - it just means we have to correct our mistakes and always play harder than the other team.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote