Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013   #669
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66740 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

I tend to think he's going to have trouble at the NFL level myself. I think that he's a little bit reckless, and while that works in college an NFL secondary is going to make him pay. I also think that he's a little bit small to play as boldly as he does against NFL linebackers and escape injury. Finally I think that it's going to be difficult to keep him as isolated from the media when he's in the NFL. I know some are convinced that the negative stories this summer were just because ESPN hates A&M, but there's a reason that Sumlin keeps Manziel away from microphones. He's brash and controversial. Those same shady stories are gonna hit the papers even when he's no longer wearing an Aggie uniform. Sure, he could go to the Jets and become the next Joe Namath -- flipping the bird to reporters as he parties away every night with a different girl, wins the Super Bowl hung over, and flirts with the sideline reporter to celebrate. He could also very well end up getting chewed up by the jackals.