View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To UT fans only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I'm a Texas fan and I know how he felt. That was a rough period during that whole VY/Titans era. I used to get into arguments all the time with VY fanboys in Austin and KEYE showing Titans games was the worst.

Now I can't stand Mack Brown and that arrogant moron Deloss Dodds. Dodds has totally screwed the program, with that LHN debacle, letting A&M go to the SEC, etc.

Mack can't recruit even when players call him begging to go there. He should have been fired long ago and Muschamp should be coaching now.

Living in Florida now I am finding myself following Muschamp and the Gators on Saturdays. I will always be a Horns fan since I am a native Texan and Austinite, however I will have a hard time getting exciting about anything related to Horns football until those 2 senile men are gone.
I don't think your statement is true that Mack can't recruit. Up until this past recruiting season Texas has been ranked in the top 5 or 10 almost every year since Brown has been there. And this coming years class (2014) is back there again at #8, as of now, by Rivals. Recruiting has never been the issue with Brown. The issue, I think, is found in his coaching, or more specifically, in his teams discipline. Since he does recruit that well, year in and year out, they should be winning a lot more. They were able to win a NC with VY and the other top talent they had a number of years ago, but they just haven't been the same since. Not sure how much the the OC and DC play in this, but a lack of discipline, I think, is at the core of their problems.

On the other hand, look at Sabin at Alabama, he also has top 5 or 10 recruiting classes every year, and every year they are in the title hunt with 3 NC's in the last 4 years. I don't think anyone will question Sabin's discipline of the team. You know he runs a "tight ship."
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote