Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013   #659
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

I don't understand why people have an issue with that anyway....

Colleges use the NFL standard when they attempt to bring in 5 or 4 star recruits...which are guys poised to play on the next level b/c if they can bring those guys in it gives them a better chance at winning on the college level.

Recruits use the NFL standard at least in part when they decide on a school they want to play for b/c they want to measure themselves against the best players....players that are likely going to the NFL.

How many times have you heard Brent Musburger or some other announcer say "He's surely going to be playing on Sundays folks.."?

Hell, a large part of the reason wh the Big 6 conferences are held up on a pedestal apart from the other conferences & are given preference when it comes to TV time, BCS bowls and everything else is b/c of the sheer density of talent in those conferences relative to the smaller ones that's likely going to be playing on the next level.

So why shouldn't i look at him in the same light he's been looked at already by everyone else?

Plus, i'm an NFL guy anyway so....