Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013   #650
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
No way. Going through the SEC west and beating LSU would give them enough of a boost to get ranked #2 should other teams lose a game.

Louisville plays no one on their schedule so if they drop one they are out. They might even be on the outside looking in if they go undefeated, depending on how things play out.

Ohio St played Cal and won but Cal is not good this year, having lost to Northwestern and they may not be bowl eligible.

Oregon may be the only other one loss team to make it in, but I still think the fact that A&M will have only lost to the #1 team by a touchdown will put them in the game.
I think A&M's only hope is to appear in the SEC championship game..which is slim to none at this point & won't happen unless Bama loses to someone other than LSU that's not currently part of the picture. A&M didn't have anything in their favor at the start of the season except for the hope that they could beat the #1 team again...& since that has gone by the wayside, They really don't have anything else...

Let me explain how i see it..i doubt Bama's BCS score will drop that much if they lose to a top 3-5 team in LSU....especially if LSU goes on to lose to a top ten team in A&M 2 weeks later....... that Bama already beat.....at their home to boot. Plus, they still have the head to head tiebreaker over A&M to appear in the SEC championship game anyway.

Apart from that, A&M's BCS score won't be that high going in to that week against LSU 1: b/c they will not have played anyone except bama..which is where the noncoference will have hurt them (at least Bama & LSU challenged themselves 1 time by playing someone in 1 of the big 6) & 2: b/c there likely will be at least 1 other underfeated team that they'll need to justify jumping (Oregon, Louisville)

The LSU win won't factor much imo b/c Bama already beat A&M so every win they get from here on out only boosts Bama's BCS score....which is what this is going to come down to in the end anyway.

IMO, It might be the Auburn game....... which Bama has to go to Auburn for this year & its the last game for Bama. If Auburn somehow pulls the upset over bama that late...which isn't too far off for an intense rivalry game, & A&M & LSU handle business earlier that year, that might be enough to put them in the SEC championship game over Bama.......or you can just hope LSU blows out Bama in Tuscaloosa & A&M turns around & blows out LSU....