View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013   #108
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 College Football Season

I am disappointed, but I'm also really not sad. I was impressed by the fight we put up, and to be honest though losses this close hurt, they also show that we can hang with the big boys too. If we had gotten blown out, everyone would have started talking trash about how our victory last year was a fluke - instead, they'll talk about a hard battle and hopefully the birth of a great rivalry. I was impressed by the politeness of Bama fans, and I can honestly say we did the right thing coming to the SEC.

Did we have issues? Yes. We also have youth, and lots of it. This is a team that is only going to get better with time. We have a great conference, great foes, and that kind of greatness breeds greatness of its own. Our star is still ascendant in Texas. The future is bright for A&M football, and I'm damn glad I've got 2.5 seasons left in the tank while I'm still here.

Congrats to Bama. They showed guts, just like our boys did, and they came out with a deserved victory. Looking forward to a great and rich rivalry between our progams for many years to come.

Farmers Fight! Farmers Fight! Farmers Farmers Fight!
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote