View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans draft 2014

I gotta start with RT and CB.

Newton has been a stop gap player at best. To run this offense they simply have to do a better job up front & Newton has been the weak link for the most part.

@ CB Im ok with J.Jo and K.Jax as the starters , then again J.Jo's going to have a mighty fat cap figure next season unless they rework his deal.
Behind those two is where the real issue lies - the nickel corner. McCain isn't the same guy he was two years ago & Brandon Harris has been a disappointment IMO.

Other positions of concern in no specific order ...

I also have to look at QB & RB in the next draft -

Tate likely walks after this season for a payday.

Schaub's getting no younger & I don't trust Yates or Keenum to be long term starters. I know a lot of people are high on both of them , I am to as far as backup's go , but that's the extent of it for me. QB may have to wait one more draft tho .....

DE is another questionmark going into next season as Ninja's contract expires. I have no clue if he stays for a reasonable contract or if the team can even afford that with K.Jax & Watt due hefty payday's.

OLB I'd have to address at this point , unless both Reed and Mercilus prove they can generate a pass rush. If only one of them does , I think you still have to look to upgrade the position.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote