View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Thoughts About Defense

Here's a Link to the GaryKubiakShow, they also brought in Ted Johnson to give his take on the game. His take on the transformation of the defense is more in line with mine, than it is with the "we played a lot more zone" take. If nothing else, just to prove I'm not crazy & there are others that saw the same thing I did.

Our CBs play man almost exclusively. Everybody else is generally in some kind of zone. They'll play man to man in some situations, but they're generally playing zone. LBs & Safeties.

This playing "too much zone" thing started last year with color commentators thinking they know better than Wade Phillips. It helped "explain" some things the casual fan wants to believe. But if you watch the game, there's no way you can believe our defense is as simple as Trent Dilfer would have you believe.

As far as what Wade Phillips is telling the media, he's just going to give them a simple answer & hope they're satisfied with that. He's not going to give them everything OC are trying to figure out. I.E. it's coachspeak.