View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams in the Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What did he do for the AFC? Well other than often being the doormat for the AFC.

His role in the formation of the AFL is overstated. It was Lamar Hunt that convinced Pud to start a franchise in Houston after Pud had shown interest in buying the NFL Cardinals and moving them from Chicago.

I don't think the owner of a franchise with a .492 winning percentage now in their 53rd or 54th season warrants said owner to be in the HOF.

In fact this POS should have an express ticket to the Hall of Shame.

**** you Pud Adams!!
That's where I stand. I know what Lamar Hunt, Al Davis and Ralph Wilson did to get the AFL going and to facilitate the merger. Beyond having money, and living in a football crazed city in a football crazed state, I'm pretty much unfamiliar with the contributions of K.S. "Bud" Adams.

Seriously, if there's genuine contributions to the cause that I don't know about, I'd love to find out what they are, because I love hearing about the history of the AFL. It's just that with all I've heard, and all I remember, his name doesn't come up much in that regard.