View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Bud Adams in the Hall of Fame

Time has softened my view on the team moving, because I feel like Houston is way better off now. We ended up with a better team and a better owner, so it was worth the times that were bleak, IMO. Houston loves football, but it's so much better to love a team like the Texans over the Oilers. That said, I don't see what he's done to earn a spot in the HOF. I mean, does the mere fact that he bought one of the original AFC teams mean he's deserving of the HOF? That's it? It's not like he started this franchise and then built this storied history. He basically has an also ran team. The Oilers had a few good years and of all the people responsible for the failures of the team, he's one of the biggest culprits. He fired the best coach in team history at the pinnacle of the team's success. He meddled with players and coaches, he fought the fan base, and he generally fostered a culture that wasn't conducive to winning. If you took the same collection of talent from the seven year run of playoff appearances and stuck them in Pittsburgh, Dallas, or hell, even Cincinnati, they would have at least gone to the Super Bowl.

He should be the first inductee of the Hall of Infamy.