View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013   #292
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Serious question. This is based on my interest in certain football teams. Either I don't root for certain teams such as our division rivals, or who is playing against the Cowboys on any given gameday, or others no interest one way or the other, but will watch a game because it's football. Now to what I don't understand is all the hate for the Cowboys, the fact that they haven't accomplished but a couple of post season wins, yet trying to secure a ticket anywhere they are playing is only second in cost to the Super Bowl. Why??? Fans paying in excess of $200 a ticket to see us lose isn't a good answer, IMHO.

Now, are there any haters out there willing to sell me their ticket for the Saints Cowboys game at face value, just because?
I don't have any Saints-Cowboys tickets for you, but I think the answer to your other question is fairly simple... Unless I'm missing something. The Cowboys are an iconic NFL franchise, they have a rich history and a TON of fans everywhere. They also get a TON of coverage on all the networks, they always max out on the # of prime time games allowed per season, so naturally, the games they play are going to be in demand as long as one of the teams doesn't completely suck. In 2010 I went to the DAL-GB game up in GB with my Cowboy fan friends (that was the game that got Wade fired). We paid around $200 per ticket in August, the Cowboys went 1-7 to start the season, and by the game day, the tickets could have been had for under $100.

And since this is supposed to be a Cowboy bashing thread, most Cowboy fans (those that have no ties to the Dallas area) are front runners who probably also root for Yankees, Lakers/Heat, and Red Wings.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote