View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Oops, Personal Foul on FG was bad call

First, I think it's irrelevant. Good teams overcome bullsht...... bad teams don't. If this were to happen at the end of the game.... in the last two minutes I could understand the attention it is getting. But everyone here believe the Saints, Patriots, Broncos, & Packers would have too much time on the clock if there's more than 1:36 on the clock.

As it was mentioned earlier, we get that field goal, we still have to get a stop (which we did), then we can march down the field & get a TD & odds are good we get that touchdown if it's "4 down territory"

But for this discussion:
Quote:
"Let's walk through the play last night first," Blandino said. "And you're going to see here, here's the center and it's going to be No. 92, Cam Thomas, that's going to make the contact. But basically there's some incidental contact with his left leg to the head/neck area, but that is not a foul. That is legal contact. This should not have been called. It's a judgment call by the umpire, he's looking at that, and in his judgment, he felt that it was enough for a foul. And in our review today, we felt that it was not.
Letter of the law, it's a foul. Their judgement.... that contact with the head was not the intent of the rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I wonder how many more times we see this called over the course of the season .... That's a tough call to make IMO.
If they do their job & review this call with the officials, probably not that often.

Would be nice if they carry this "intent" talk to QBs named Brady & Manning. I saw QBs taking good shots to the head, that weren't called personal fouls. No doubt in my mind if it were Brady or Manning, they would have been. (I think it was Matt Ryan... the end came around to swipe at the ball, but he got all helmet, Ryan kept the ball, then bounced up like it was no big deal. Of course, Peyton would have clutched his helmet & writhed in pain..... & Brady would get the call because he's so cute.).