View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oops, Personal Foul on FG was bad call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Nelson is still required to maintain possession when he hits the ground, which he did. If Nelson has control and 2 feet in, the catch is not complete until he hits the ground. If he catches the ball, has control, taps both feet in, then hits the ground and the ball pops out, it's an incomplete pass.

AJ's play was too close to call, therefore not enough to overturn, IMO. Very fine line between him having control and his feet leaving the ground.
????

What exactly are you adding? I left off the maintain possession through the fall as that was not relevant to the controversy here.

As far as AJ's catch, I disagree. I think there was enough to overturn it. He didn't establish control/possession until he was mid dive. The fact that the ball initially touched his hands with two feet on the ground doesn't matter. He didn't have control at that point.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote