View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's up with Brooks Reed?

I can believe I'm defending Reed as a pass rusher, but I think reed looks much better on the outside than he did last year.

Looking at film from last year, 76 hypothesized that wade wanted them to set the edge and contain rather than all out rush. That's how bad he looked last year.

I think for a strong side olb, reed looks awesome. If merci can build on what he did last night, I will be thrilled with the outside rush.

Lets not forget, the wolb is the pass rush guy. I mean, that's the guy you want to be your best outside rusher. Merci should be around 8-10 for a good year and 5-8 for Reed is a good year. I'm talking about true beat your man sacks. Merci was beating people last night.

Reed looked faster, and quicker to me as well. Hes not going to disengage many people. He has never done that in the NFL. Even as a rookie, when OL got their hands in him he was done.

But what he can do is push the pocket and be relentless.

I'm feeling the OLB's this year. They look 1,000x better to me. But that's jmo.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote