View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After Game Props

Great OP on all points.

Quote:
Watt: Eh, again....what's new? It isn't even just about the pass rush. It's his ability to make tackles for lost and be so effective against the run.
I would like to add his ability to get the defense riled up. To my mind's eye there came a point, specifically at 28-7, when he just seemed to have had it. There were some shots of him on the sidelines essentially giving a pre-game pep talk to anybody that would listen.

After that moment all I saw was a defense that just arrived at Quallcom and took over. Watt, of course, was leading by example.

I don't pretend to know what exactly "clicked" for this defense, be it finally getting their rhythm, an adjustment by Wade, or pride I believe the defense to have. But for me seeing Watt on the sidelines followed by a different intensity and zero points by the Chargers was the big turning point among turning points.

Hell, major props all around. Kubiak...........I don't know what got into you on that 4th down, but I think I'll buy you a drink for it. Nothing came from it, but now the Texans are on record for running a fake punt. Something other teams now have to consider.