Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013   #613
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Breaking records in a college conference...even if it is the best conference, is no more of an indicator of how good you really are than winning the Heisman is imo...It just means you put up the best stats and nothing more. Hell, we may see Aaron Murray become the all-time leader in TD passes in the SEC this year over guys like Weurfel & Manning. Will anyone remember him when thinking of great SEC qb's though? Likely not b/c his talent doesn't match up with his career...unless of course he goes on to do big things in the NFL.........which is unlikely.

Apart from that, it depends on your criteria for being "good"..

I base mine off how your talent translates to the next level. & as i watch him, i don't think it translates very well; basically for alot of the same reasons i didn't see VY's translating.

Don't get me wrong, he obviously can play on the college level..I just don't think he's nearly as good as his stats may indicate & his fan boys champion him to be.

So when you says he's just not that good you are evaluating how he will be in the NFL? Because as a college QB he is pretty damn good and the stats while you think are meaningless are just a small part of the picture that he is pretty good currently.

While stats may be meaningless he is only the 5th player in history to throw for 3000 yards and rush for 1000 and he got to that point two games before any of the other 4 player in history. That does put you in short company for a hell of a year