Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013   #612
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105274 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
how good does one have to be to break multiple sec records ?
Breaking records in a college conference...even if it is the best conference, is no more of an indicator of how good you really are than winning the Heisman is imo...It just means you put up the best stats and nothing more. Hell, we may see Aaron Murray become the all-time leader in TD passes in the SEC this year over guys like Weurfel & Manning. Will anyone remember him when thinking of great SEC qb's though? Likely not b/c his talent doesn't match up with his career...unless of course he goes on to do big things in the NFL.........which is unlikely.

Apart from that, it depends on your criteria for being "good"..

I base mine off how your talent translates to the next level. & as i watch him, i don't think it translates very well; basically for alot of the same reasons i didn't see VY's translating.

Don't get me wrong, he obviously can play on the college level..I just don't think he's nearly as good as his stats may indicate & his fan boys champion him to be.