View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013   #818
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB (Yates named #2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

That was all that there was to pick from when Smithiak decided - in 2007 - that Carr had to go. And no, neither Young nor Leinart were available at the time. ...lucky for us.
I remember when Kubiak came & everyone was talking about drafting Reggie Bush. I didn't like that idea because I thought Reggie was not a 3 down back & I was confident DD would play another year.

I didn't know Mario Williams & I was open to drafting D'Brickshaw Ferguson. But I said if we're going to do something stupid, we should draft Vince Young because we're going to be looking to replace David Carr in a years time anyway. I've been called hard-headed before, but when they gave Carr that $8M I dropped the Vince Young thing.

Sure enough, we were looking to replace David Carr a year later.

But if we go even farther back, I wanted Kubiak to bring Jake Plummer, but we got screwed on that deal.

In hindsight, I have no problem saying their decision to get Schaub was handsdown the best decision they could have made.

Doesn't change the fact that I don't know what Kubiak saw that made him so confident to do it & I still doubt that New England game was it.