View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Jameis Winston: "I'm an OU fan but I always wanted to go to Texas. If I'd gotten offer from Texas I'd be going to Texas right now" — Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) September 3, 2013

CBS Sports’ Bruce Feldman confirmed with Winston’s high school coach that the quarterback had called Texas “four or five” times and never received a call back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...89--ncaaf.html
I read that.

Every year there are two or three guys that say that they have wanted to go to Florida State for their entire lives, verbally commit, only to sign elsewhere. That's the process. When someone says, "I want to go to "x" school," it often means that the process is not nearly over. Same thing happened with Julio Jones and Florida State, among many many other players. Dante Fowler, now a Gator, did the exact same thing.

My point is that a school never has a recruit in the bag until he signs on the dotted line. Had Texas recruited him harder, they may not even have been in his top 5 at the end of the recruiting period. Seems like fantasy to say "Texas could have had this kid if they wanted." That's rarely ever true.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote