View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013   #51
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #10, NFL starting QB rankings 1-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Schaub's only been in the playoffs once.
That's part of the problem, not an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
That's about right. Only disagreement IMHO Elite QBs are making $20 million, so $15 million for #10 is where it should be. Also Schaub has shown in the past that he doesn't fare all that well against the $20 million a year QBs.
I've never seen 2 QB's go "head to head" outside of ironman football with players playing both offense and defense. Have you ever seen Brady or Manning defend a pass (other than press conferences) or make an interception? It's a team sport and QB's get way too much credit and way too much blame for W's and L's. And INT's, for that matter. A perfectly thrown ball that the receiver screws up on shows up as an INT the same as a poorly thrown pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I don't know too many Texans fans that think he's overrated, but I know many who bristle at the harping that used to go on about Schaub being underrated, particularly after his 4700 yard season.

Flacco has one stat over Schaub that we all want Schaub to have, and that's playoff wins. He has a bunch. I'm not a Flacco fan, and I actually hate when people ascribe wins and losses to the QB, but you have to admit that Flacco steps it up in the playoffs. If we can't have a team with an elite QB, then I want a complete team that at least has a QB that steps it up when it really counts. How many chances did the Texans have to win home field advantage last season? Three? More? They controlled their destiny throughout the last half of the season, and Schaub buckled under the pressure. Much of the rest of the team did as well, but we're talking QB here.

Winner! Move the ball between the 20s and settle for FGs way too often, especially against good teams. The stats don't impress me any longer. I honestly believe Kubiak could take several of the QBs rated below Schaub in this list and have them putting up similar stats in a year or two.
I still can't blame Schaub for all of that. Kubiak is notorious for doing the turtle. His play calling can be blamed just as much as Schaub's play. This is kind of a "chicken/egg" thing, though. How would Kubiak call plays with a more athletic QB in similar situations? Looking back at Rosencopter might give a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No, you are being unrealistic. Even a SB appearance every 7 years is a ridiculous standard.

Only Pittsburgh, Dallas and New England have averaged less than 7 years per appearance.
You ain't never lyin'. I bet Dallas' time on this list is getting short. Even with 3 in the 90's.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote