View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013   #43
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #10, NFL starting QB rankings 1-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
I SURE HOPE SO!!!

BUT:

BUT... Sure Schaub looks a little slow when one looks at his eyes, but I know there's more there. How else could he be in the NFL? ( fill in your favorite flakeout here) I think he may have attended a public speaking class in the off season - his poise and presence are much improved so good for him! That reflects better upon the entire team. GOOD!

Two seasons ago before we lost him, I remembered hearing on the radio that we were AFc's #1 ranked team ( I forget who we played, but it was a win) And that same day found out about the lisfranc injury. ugh.

Fast forward a year, we're off to a bad a$$ start 11- ? and what happens? No matter how he plays early season, I know I'll have those late season doubts creep into my head come November. How do you keep him motivated and focused? He says what he needs to in press conferences, but when it's him and the team in the huddle, or in the locker room at half time and we're not getting ti done, what is he saying? We always come back SO weak in the 3rd its predictable! Only certain personalities and individuals can fit a true leader on a football field (or hell, in life for that matter) and he has a long way to go before the league recognizes him as a leader (IMO). Personally, I think he oughta have a weekly contest between Yates n Keenum just to keep up. Would it be too much work? Would it be senseless? I dunno, I'll call my blonde woman lady card, but I love my Texans and as much as I've tried to stand by Schaub it seems I'm NEVER the one getting the last laugh and I"M TIRED OF IT! AND SO IS AJ i'm sure.
Good post. The issue with Matt isn't that he is the worst QB in history, but that he tends to flake at the worst times. I agree that there is something in a QB's eyes that tells you something about what he has inside. Look at Matt then look at Case and tell me who wants it worse. Same with Manning, Favre, Elway, etc. Not comparing Case to them yet, he hasnt earned it, but he gets that look that I like to see in a QB.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote