View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013   #791
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB (Yates named #2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't really care what they do in the regular season against the "elite" teams. Baltimore won the Super Bowl & we whupped their a55. Maybe Denver wasn't playing their best game when we crushed them, but that was still Peyton Manning sitting on the sideline opposite Matt. We also beat New England when they were trying to secure a bye week... for some reason "we" say that was a meaningless game, but in 2012 winning that one game was the difference between being in the Super Bowl & watching the Super Bowl.

We won't see the Packers or Saints in the post season until the Super Bowl... so again, not worried.

There's enough crap teams out there for us to secure our play off berth against.

Chances are 1 in a million that either of those guys will be a franchise QB. If we were to draft a QB after the 25th pick in the draft, chances are probably 10 in a million.

I hope we hit on one of the two, then we can just keep on rolling. I don't care which.

What I don't like, though, is that Kubiak has Schaub & he believes he can win a Super Bowl with him. He probably can but if there was a QB that he thought we will win a Super Bowl with, I wish he would have gone & got him. Maybe he thinks that is Case, or Tj, I don't know.

But if he thinks of them as QBs that can & they end up starting, I hope he doesn't stop looking for the one that will win a Super Bowl.

I really don't care how shiny he can make that penny, if there's a dime out there, go get the frk'n dime & call it a day.
When I say I would choose Case I mean out of the ones we have to choose from.
I agree also that it is a low probability that one of our current QB's is the one.
MS we know is not the one. We could win with him but not because of him. Of course I think the same could be said of GK also. With GK I am not sure we will ever see what the others can do unless there is an injury and I am not sure even then you will find out.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote