View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013   #787
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB (Yates named #2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
A playoff swoon by Schaub and two players who can't start in the nfl take his place? I don't see it
I felt the same way about Sage that DocBar feels about Yates & Keenum.

I'd have started Sage before I traded two 2nd rounders & signed a guy to be the starting QB. I want someone to win the job on the field. & Sage beat Carr out for the job, imo.

Nothing against Matt, the trade worked out better than I expected.

My plan is that Matt is the starter as long as he's healthy. But if we're down early like we were against the Pats or Packers last year, I'm sending one of the kids in. If they play exceptional (because playing fine, or alright isn't going to cut it) then they'll get to start the next game & we'll go from there.

If benching Schaub doesn't turn on that "sense of urgency" switch, I don't know what will. But our next starting QB is going to win the job (if I had anything to say about it). If Kubiak thinks he can win 10 or more games with Yates/Keenum, I'm fine with that. If he brings someone in to compete for the job in the offseason, I'm fine with that.

If he brings Schaub back, after a play off swoon, I won't understand it, but I'd support him & root for him best I could. & my idea of a play off swoon is probably not as liberal as some. His 2012 performance did not warrant replacing him or the slack he's gotten since.