View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Schaub #10, NFL starting QB rankings 1-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Ummm... if a team is very lucky and hits on major picks and finds some solid F/As (good vets or diamond-in-the-rough UDFAs) it can turn around it's fortunes in a relatively short term.

How long have Miami, Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit, Jacksonville, Buffalo, and St. Louis been struggling to get back to mediocrity, let alone playoff-land? The Cardinal franchise has been around since 1920 and have only had ONE Super Bowl appearance.

Every fanbase wants a Super Bowl every season and every team's goal is to win it. No doubt about that.

But "expect"....??

With the talent on this Texans team I expect them to get into the playoffs. After that its a crapshoot. Recent history has shown it's a matter of who gets hot and healthy in January that decides who gets to the Super Bowl.
I understand what houstonspartan is saying, 5 years & you should expect your team to be a Super Bowl contender. Just because the worse organizations in the league can't do it doesn't make it an unreasonable expectation. If the Cowboys, 49ers, Patriots, & Steelers are averaging less than 7 years per Super Bowl appearance... that should be the goal.

I don't agree it's time to blow things up if we don't get it (it may not have been his intention, but that's what I inferred). We've been thinking we should have been in the Super Bowl since 2011, we've been "expecting" a Super Bowl since Gary's 6th season. He rebuilt this failed expansion in 5 years.

Now, Gary has a Super Bowl contender, there's a window 3 maybe 5 years. This is year 3.... shouldn't we "expect" at least an appearance in the big game? I said I don't agree with it, but if Kubiak can't do it in 3 years with the team he built, would it make sense to bring someone in while the window is still open?

Think about the Bucs, the Colts, & maybe the Saints (if we stretch it).