View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013   #282
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

These quotes from Reed illustrates well why I am always speaking of the risk of "COMPENSATORY INJURIES" in players coming back from injury or surgery and its role in coming back too soon (independent of concern over re-injury of the original injured area) ......... From yesterday:
Quote:
(on if he has a gut feel about whether he’ll play on Monday) “We’re going to be smart about it. It probably will be a decision that’s made right before the game. That’s the way this has been going. Kind of 50-50 right now honestly. I couldn’t say if I’m going to play or not going to play. If Coach (Gary Kubiak) says it’s up to me and it’s up to me to some degree and it’s up to him too and how he feels about the team as a whole. But us, we’re communicating well and I’m moving well. I’m progressing. I’ve been progressing. I feel strong, but I know I still have some things that are weak because you have that hip surgery; you lose strength, which you’re usually losing your glut strength, your hamstring to overwork. My left hip was compensating as well. It’s a lot of maintenance that I have to do to make sure nothing else happens and I pray nothing us happens, but you can’t control it. That’s football. You tend to have injuries.”

(on if he learned more about maintaining his body because of his previous surgery) “No, I knew that from the jump. Just from the history of going through it the first time. I knew that was the case because my hamstring was tight. You’ve just got to be smart about it.”

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 09-07-2013 at 02:44 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote