View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013   #132
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/1 Brennan Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Wasn't the same knee apparently
That's even worse news, in that microfracture surgery is usually preceded by arthroscopic "clean up." Denuded bone doesn't happen over night out of the clear blue. He had to have significant knee cartilage deficit problems before he was drafted. And if he had it in that knee, he most likely had in the arthroscopic knee, which led to the knee problem which led to the "clean up."

Knowing this new information (sort of a peek into the future), I don't expect his arthroscopic knee to be in any better shape than his microfracture knee. Keep in mind that microfracture knee surgery is a very difficult rehab...........9-12 months in most cases. There is no one that I know who would ever do this type of surgery on both knees at the same time (simultaneous bilateral knee surgeries for much lesser conditions are quite uncommon) for obvious reasons. Just like on my carpal tunnel patients, most surgeons (including myself) will refuse to do this surgery on both hands at the same sitting for reason that many patients don't really think about until they are presented with consequential postoperative difficulties.........imagine the difficulties with toilet hygiene. I wouldn't be surprise before it's all said and done, if he goes on to require microfracture surgery on his recently arthroscoped knee some time in the future.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote