View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013   #777
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB (Yates named #2)

People are too quick to rush Keenum into the spotlight. I realize he has a ton of local fans, but give the kid some time and be objective about his progress. He needs time to develop and learn how to be a starting QB in the NFL. Too many times teams are rushing QB development because of pressure from ownership or fanbase.

Green Bay did it right. Had a guy in place and let their young guy develop. When the time was right, they cut the vet loose and let their guy take over. It's amazing to me that so many teams do not take the same approach. There are so many young QB's in the league right now who are just not very good because their franchise rushed them and didn't take the time to let them develop.

Schaub's play is dwindling and has been for some time now. He's still a solid NFL starter, but that's mainly because of the ridiculous talent he's surrounded by. We really need to be developing his replacement right now because we can not afford to be that team who just throws the next guy right into the fire.

Yates is a very solid QB. He's not a star, but he can get the job done. I see him as one of the better backup QB's in the league right now. Hopefully we can retain him for some time because I really like him as a #2.

I like Keenum and he could be the guy that we are developing to replace Schaub. But there is absolutely no reason to rush the process. Give the guy some time to get better. I'm interested to see how he progresses this year and see where he's at around this time next year.

If he continues to take care of business I can easily see him passing Yates next year and possibly supplanting Schaub the year after that.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote