View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013   #22
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #10, NFL starting QB rankings 1-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Flacco has one stat over Schaub that we all want Schaub to have, and that's playoff wins. He has a bunch. I'm not a Flacco fan, and I actually hate when people ascribe wins and losses to the QB, but you have to admit that Flacco steps it up in the playoffs. If we can't have a team with an elite QB, then I want a complete team that at least has a QB that steps it up when it really counts. How many chances did the Texans have to win home field advantage last season? Three? More? They controlled their destiny throughout the last half of the season, and Schaub buckled under the pressure. Much of the rest of the team did as well, but we're talking QB here.
Someone else put the stats up but Flacco never stepped it up in the playoffs until last year. His team carried him to a lot of victories. Last night, he started to get that Deer Caught In Headlights look that I thought he'd overcome at the end of last season.

Schaub has had 1 opportunity to get into the playoffs and he didn't look great. Now... he's had the experience. Hopefully he's learned and grown from that and he can do better the next time.

That's why I've been saying that I don't believe Schaub has stopped improving. I don't think we've seen him at his ceiling and with the type of QB he is (more about accuracy and intelligence than arm-strength), he could continue to improve and play at a high level for several more years... like a Rich Gannon who had his best seasons when he was older than Schaub is now.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote