Thread: Jacoby Jones
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think he turns into the #2 receiver Kubiak thought he could be when we drafted him out of Lane College.

Yes, I know he's a hated man in Houston, & with good reason. But... I think the Texans made a mistake when they let him go. Jacoby may not have the best hands in the league, he may not be a very good route runner, but he's got speed (you better respect that) & he's a play maker. With the ball in his hands (if he can manage to keep it there) he's electric.

He's going to drop a lot of balls this year, but I don't care about those. It's the ones he manages to catch that are going to make a difference. Just like a CB who gambles & take chances. We overlook the bad plays, the missed tackles, etc... when he intercepts the ball & if he returns one for 6 all is forgiven.

Just wanted to get that out before the season starts. I'm not mad or bitter at the Texans. They made their decision & I supported it when they did. I can't wait for Dj Swearinger to welcome Jj to pain. But I think he's going to have a long career in the NFL as a receiver.
I think he's a better fit in Baltimore because they realize he's more of a #3 guy and don't ask him to be any more than that. I mean, ok maybe #3 isn't the right term but I think that what they ask of him is more in line with his abilities than what the Texans wanted from him and he'll catch just enough of those passes to demand defenses respect (and pull coverage off of other people).

He belongs there. We're better off without him. It's a win-win situation in my opinion.